In class, September 11
- Roundtable: “‘’The Ideal of Objectivity” and the Profession of History,” Otis L. Graham, Jr., Richard G. Hewlett, David Glassberg, Rebecca Conard and Sam Bass Warner, Jr. The Public Historian 13/2 (Spring, 1991): 9-23. [e-journal available through Burritt library website]
- Leslie Madsen-Brooks, “I nevertheless am a historian”: Digital Historical Practice and Malpractice around Black Confederate Soldiers, Writing History in the Digital Age , Spring 2012 version.
- “Grappling with the Concept of Radical Trust,” History News, (July 2010)
Examine two of the case studies listed below:
- CHNM, “History Matters” http://historymatters.gmu.edu/
- “Valley of the Shadow” http://valley.vcdh.virginia.edu/
- Library of Congress, “American Memory” http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/
- Theban Mapping Project http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/
- National Gallery of the Spoken Word: Historical Voices http://www.historicalvoices.org/
- The Lost Museum http://www.lostmuseum.cuny.edu/home.html
- Martha Ballard diary online: www.dohistory.org
Blog post: Write a comparative website review of two sites.