In class, August 28: Introduction to the course
Discussion of the course goals, assignments, and the use of the WordPress site and other software that will be used in the course.
Online: Getting Started with Digital History
- Practicum: Set up a blog at WordPress.com for your academic writing. Email the URL to the professor.
- Practicum: Set-up an account on Feedly and subscribe to History News Network and History@Work, and some history blogs of your choice (if you like, subscribe to mine and/or the group blog I contribute to)
- Practicum: Sign-up for Twitter. Follow Connecticut History; search for and follow some #twitterstorians (my Twitter name is @hmprescott)
- Join the CCSU Public History Facebook Page
- Read Dan Cohen, “Professors, Start Your Blogs” and write a blog entry on what you think about his claim that academics should blog.