In class, November 6
- Turkell, Kee, and Roberts, “A Method for Navigating the Infinite Archive,” in History in the Digital Age.
- Jim Mussell, “Doing and Making: History as Digital Practice,” in History in the Digital Age.
- Daniel Cohen, “From Babel to Knowledge: Data Mining Large Digital Collections,”
- Here’s the Jorge Luis Borge’s short story, “The Library of Babel” mentioned in Cohen’s article
- Tim Hitchcox, “Academic History Writing and the Headache of Big Data,” Historyonics blog, Jan. 30, 2012.
Try to create a chart using one of the services mentioned, and explain how it illustrates a historical event or era. Be sure to include any caveats about using the chart.
Blog Post: Reflections on the week’s materials