In class, October 16
- Daniel J. Cohen, “The Future of Preserving the Past,” (June 2005).
- Cohen and Rosenzweig, Digital History, “Collecting History Online,” and “Preserving Digital History.”
- Robert Townsend, “Google Books: What’s Not to Like?”
- Julie Meloni, “A Brief Introduction to Omeka,” ProfHacker (2011)
- Tom Scheinfeldt, “Omeka and Its Peers,” Found History blog, Sept. 1, 2010.
- Diane Hillmann, Using Dublin Core. Updated version
Sign up for an Omeka.net account, set up a site, and explore how to create an Omeka database.
Blog post: write about this week’s readings