In class, October 6
- Cohen and Rosenzweig, Digital History, “Owning the Past”
- Roy Rosenzweig, “Should Historical Scholarship Be Free?” Perspectives, April 2005
- Jennifer Howard, “What You Don’t Know About Copyright, but Should,” Chronicle of Higher Education, May 29, 2011
- Jeffrey R. Young, “Pushing Back Against Legal Threats by Putting Fair Use Forward,” Chronicle of Higher Education, May 29, 2011.
- Creative Commons
- Articles on Aaron Swartz prosecution:
- Was Aaron Swartz Stealing?
- The Idealist
- The Inside Story of Why He Broke into MIT and JStor
- The four lamest excuses in MIT’s report on Aaron Swartz
- Select a Creative Commons license for your blog
- Blog Post: Reflections on the week’s materials